The group chat experience is comparable to in-person discussions in that: group chats occur at a scheduled date and time, participants easily interact and engage with one another, and the moderator probes participant responses in-the-moment.
Are you a researcher who does most of your interviewing in-person? Give online group chat a try!
Give it a try! Know a non-profit or local business that could benefit from your research skills? InsideHeads is on your team!
When the services a researcher offers are free, we never charge a fee. InsideHeads’ interview platforms are free to use for moderator training, student projects, non-profit companies, and all pro bono work.-Jennifer Dale
Contact InsideHeads today to get started!
Curious about the process? It’s pretty straightforward, check it out:
- Identify your research objective
- Source prospective participants who will actively engage in the group discussion for free (or be willing to compensate them for their time and opinions)
- Write the screening questionnaire
- Screen prospective recruits
- InsideHeads assists if your email list of prospects to screen is long
- InsideHeads sends instructions to your invited attendees (or shows you how to DIY)
- Write the discussion guide & identify visual stimuli
- InsideHeads provides feedback and suggestions on your guide and tips on moderating in a live group chat environment.
- Practice moderating in your private online facility
- Moderate the discussion
- InsideHeads is your Live Group Administrator (or trains someone from your team how to support the moderator as the admin)